Please contact us if the concern you have is not listed. We will help you get the best possible care with us or a trusted colleague.
We are a self-pay practice. The main reason we have chosen not to accept insurance is to avoid labeling our clients with a mental health diagnosis, which can remain with the client’s medical records. We believe most minor anxiety and depression issues resolve themselves with family therapy and do not wish to ascribe to a permanent mental health diagnosis being on your health record. Also, Insurance companies dictate how many sessions you can attend, even if we are not finished with the therapeutic work . We feel we can best protect your confidentiality and give you continuity of care if no third party is involved in payment.
- Premarital Workshop -Classes offered in eight weekly individual sessions or one Saturday Group Workshop. Individual sessions are recommended for blending families.We use a research supported program, Prepare-Enrich, to help prepare the foundation for your marriage. We begin with an online assessment that helps give a picture of your relationship’s strengths and areas of growth. The workbook is designed to aid in the discussion of the main marital concerns most couples have including:
- conflict resolution
- partner styles and habits
- financial management
- leisure activities
- sexuality and affection
- children and parenting
- family and friends
- relationship roles
- spiritual beliefs.
Individual Sessions, 8 total, are offered for $50 per session and includes workbook, and TwogetherinTexas certificate for $60 off your license. The online assessment is $35 and paid online at the time of the assessment.
Group Workshops are $300 and include lunch, online assessment, workbook, and Twogether in Texas certificate for $60 off your license.
- Forgiveness & Reconciliation – based on “Steps to REACH Forgiveness and to Reconcile” (2008) by Everett L. Worthington Jr. This group is 6 to 10 weeks long with up to 8 members. We will walk through the “REACH” method of forgiving and when safe “The Bridge to Reconciliation”.
- Be Transformed – based on “Be Transformed: Discovering Biblical Solutions to Life’s Problems” (2012) by Renee Roberts & Scope Staff Members. This group is 12 weeks long with up to 8 members. We will discover the root of our problems, based on Scripture. As we renew our minds, we will discover who we are in Christ and who Father God really is. We will learn why we still sin despite our best efforts to be a “good Christian”. We will find our worth and value in who we are, not what we do.
- Parents of Dependent Adult Children – this group will cover the issues specific to group member experience. Group size and length will be determined by group member participation and need.